Sunday, December 12, 2010

3rd Sunday in Advent

Så tenner vi tre lys i kveld,
for lengsel, håp og glede
De står og skinner for seg selv
og oss som er tilstede
Så tenner vi tre lys i kveld
for lengsel, håp og glede

(the english translation is in todays saying)


Yesterday I had the girls from my quilt group Trådsnellene (the spools) visiting for a Christmas table. My kitchen is small, but we all had a lovely time with good food.

And of course everyone had brought with them some sewing to do. Chatting and sewing is a must on our meetings. Thank you girls for a lovely evening together.

Today I have done a lot of Christmas preparations (cleaning up and throwing away a lot of stuff) in my kitchen cupboards and in the big shelf in my livingroom. And when I had finished that, my prize was to go into my sewingroom and stay there for a while. Working on 3 new tablerunners.

I have finished a lot of projects the last weeks.

Two table runners.

A Christmas table runner. I actually have made two of this pattern, but one is already given away to my DD.

And three toilet purses.

I am catching a bad cold right now. Sneezing, headace and a sore throat. Hope it will go away real soon. Do not have time for this right now.

Saying for today:

We light three candles tonight
For longing, hope and joy.
They stands there shining by themselves
and we who present are
We light three candles tonight
for longing, hope and joy


15 comments:

Bjørg said...

Så mye fint du har sydd! Jeg er imponert!

Hanne said...

It looks like you girls had a lovely day together!
You sure have been busy with your Christmas gift making - lovely gifts :-)
Speedy recovery to you - get some good rest!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Perfect way to spend time..with friends...and May Britt I do love all of your new projects...you have been so very busy....hope you are feeling better..take care

Liven said...

Så mye fint å se:-)
God bedring - måtte den ike vare for lenge i disse førjulstider!
Snax!

StarQuilt said...

Sto døra oppe for lenge? god bedring, klem

Miriam said...

I love all your projects.
I hope you feel better soon.

Crowing Moon said...

I absolutely love your two matching table runners...they are so pretty!

mildred said...

i love your toilet bag is there a pattern i can by for it

suz said...

Your projects are lovely! Thank you for sharing another heart stitchery. Hope you are feeling better soon!

quiltygal said...

Wow you have been busy looks like you had a lovely Xmas get together Hope you are feeling better soon
Wishing you & your family a happy healthy Xmas xxx

Käranån said...

Ser att ni hade ett riktigt trevligt möte hemma hos dig!! Vilka fina dukar du har sytt, och tack för mönstret på det fina hjärtat i förra inlägget.

LuAnn said...

Love your table runners with the applique'. Just beautiful! Looks like you had a fun party with your quilting friends.

Susan said...

Hi May, my name is Susan. This is the first time I visit your blog, but it will be not the last, sure!!. I really like all your works!!
Regards

Quilts And Pieces said...

Love the table runners and toilet purses! Wonderful! And what a fun day with friends!

Raewyn said...

Your projects are beautiful!! I especially like your table runners. Thank you so much for the free pattern - it surely is inspiring!! I look forward to using it in a project. Season's greetings.

Related Posts with Thumbnails